Sunday, April 8, 2012

F is for food

First, let me start off by saying I am by no means an expert. Although food is my hobby, I have always hesitated to write a food blog because of my lack of expertise... But since this is highly requested, I thought I'd share with you a quick recipe - whether for lunch or for dinner.


Today's feature is Kimchi fried rice. Kimchi is a korean dish, made from fermented vegetables. It can be made from a variety of vegetables, such as cabbage, radish or cucumber. The kind I have chosen for today is cabbage. I personally picked this up at my local Asian supermarket - so I'd imagine you'd have to do the same, in order to find it.



Besides from the Kimchi, all the other ingredients are relatively easy to find. You will need a white onion, an egg, salt, pepper and soya sauce.

1. Begin by dicing quarter of an onion. With sesame oil, fry until transparent.
2. Add cooked rice and mix.
3. Add desired amount of kimchi.
4. Add salt, pepper and soya sauce - depending on your liking.
5. Fry an egg and add parsley to finish.

And in less than 10 minutes (minus cooking time for rice), you have Kimchi fried rice!


Ready for my close up...


Of course, like a child, I couldn't resist poking the egg yolk and letting it absorb into the rice...

Step 1: Choose weapon of choice.


Step 2
: Poke and watch...


Step 3
: Eat.


Hope you enjoyed! Would love to see your creations on Instagram. Just tag me at @oddinary!
Happy Sunday again, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment